Thursday, December 3, 2015
Kristen Seto's favorite piece of multimedia journalism
This piece is about Italy's oldest horse race called Il Palio di Siena. I found this interesting because it was about something that I had know prior knowledge on and it is an interesting aspect of Italy's history and tradition. What I liked about the piece was that it was very authentic, and I could really feel like I was at the horse race myself. All the dialogue is in Italian with subtitles on the bottom, which gave it an even more authentic feel. I also liked how there were different elements that were shown besides the horse race, such as the "benediction of the horse" which takes place before the race. It made the piece more well-rounded.
Although having everything in Italian gave the piece the feel of authenticity, there was one word that didn't translate, which was "contrada"and it threw me off a little bit because I had to research it to find out what it meant. What I would've done differently is explain what a contrada was somewhere in the piece and also get more of the spectator's reactions to the race.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment