Thursday, November 5, 2015

Kristen Seto Final Project Pitch

Description: The University of Maryland has a club called "Press Uncuffed" which started as a class-run project last year but has now evolved into a club. The club's motive is to spread awareness about journalists who have been jailed for wrongdoings against the state or country around the world. They are aiming to get stores in DC to sell their bracelets, which have the name of a journalist who has been jailed on each one. The club's goal is also to capture the public's attention and encourage them to take part in the movement.

People I plan to interview: I plan to interview the professor who taught the class the club started in, and also one of the students who runs the club.

Where I plan to shoot the footage: I plan to shoot footage at one of the club's monthly meetings and also at the market outreach team's weekly meeting.

Hook: People should be more aware of the freedoms we have here in the United States that people don't have in other countries; more specifically, people should be more aware of the issue of journalists not being able to deliver the news and information that they believe the public should have access to because there are so many limitations, unless they want to face jail time.

No comments:

Post a Comment